Google+

Pages

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Interior Design

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Hi

I have recently been thinking a lot about when I leave home and get another house or flat. I can sit for hours daydreaming about what it will look like and how I can decorate it. I have loads of different ideas and I couldn't fit them all inside one house, let alone one flat. They are all so different that they wouldn't go together at all. Sometimes I like rustic and vintage things, whereas some of the time I love simple modern things. I post most of my ideas to PINTEREST so go check it out of ya like. 

This gave me the idea of a career in interior design. I don't know much about this career or if you need to be good at certain subjects to do it (if you need art I'm stuffed as even my stickmen look deformed!). When I was younger, maybe 8/9 I always wanted to be an interior designer until I was about 11 when I decided I wanted to sit at a computer all day. I thought I wanted to do that until about a month ago when I did my work experience at a Graphics company which I absolutely hated (I only made tea and coffee). (If anyone knows an interior designer or anything about interior design please email me placesforgrace@gmail.com ).

Anyway, back to the point, I'd love to travel and design but is there a job that links both? I certainly don't know but I hope so. People also say "designers are planners with aesthetic taste" which basically means that designers are people that love to plan/organise while making things look nice. This is so me, I love planning and organising. Maybe that is what drew me to travelling, lots of planning goes involved and I love the sound of that but I also enjoy graphic design and layout design. This may even be classed as architecture, I don't know. I love designing houses in the Sims (so excited for Sims 4) so maybe that's the career path I should take? Ugh, thinking about careers just gets me confused so I just blab about stuff so I'll leave you with this quote by the one and only Steve Jobs:
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works"

Grace


1 comment:

  1. I am also super excited for the new sims to come out! I don't know if I like how cartoony the look though. I loved the post, I think you'll be able to figure something out career wise even though it is very hard sometimes!
    Thanks
    Laura

    ReplyDelete