Google+

Pages

Tuesday 12 August 2014

Do What Makes You Happy

Hi

It's been a while. I haven't written anything in a while and I don't really have any excuse. My first two posts are within a couple of days of each other and my third is only a few days after that. I thought that if I was going to blog, I would have to do it very often. I guess I just pressured myself into it too much. I kept thinking that I had to blog every couple of days but I realised blogging too often about stuff that I didn't care about would be boring, for you and for me, so I decided to leave it for a week, just let it be more natural and how I wanted it to be. Then a week turned into two weeks, into three and now it's been over a month. You can't blame me, I started watching Big Bang Theory and it kind of took over and Sheldon is so fabulous I just couldn't do anything else but watch it okay!

I guess that what I'm trying to say is don't pressure yourself into blogging. It doesn't make you any better, if anything it makes you worse at it. I forgot how to even write a new post for about ten minutes and I just stared at the screen ignoring the massive button next in front of me. Blogging should be natural,not something that you are forced to do, but something that you actually enjoy doing. I'm not saying that you shouldn't blog every couple of days, just don't force yourself to blog. You may have an exciting few days you want to blog about and then nothing for the next week. That's fine. When you post doesn't matter with blogs, it can fit to what you want. You can spread it out, or post in chunks. As long as it's good quality writing, nobody will mind.

If you don't enjoy doing something and you won't benefit from it, then just drop it out of your life. After all, you should "Take time to do what makes you happy". This is what I have decided to do with my life. For the past few weeks I have just sat on my laptop, watching other peoples adventures and wishing my life could be as adventurous as theirs. Sadly that will never happen, not unless I try. I realised that it's me who has to make the effort because if I don't, there's no way my life will change.

 I went out today to Southampton on a train with my mum to go shopping. I thought that I would much rather stay at home on my laptop, but I actually enjoyed myself. I thought to myself, What kind of life is sitting at home all day watching others lives, without living you own? I've organised thing like going camping with my friends and I joined the gym. Although I don't need to lose any weight, as I am "blessed" with a fast metabolism, I need to gain muscle. I have basically none and I find things much harder than others, such as lifting boxes or doing a lot of exercise (no stamina either). I'm not saying having a fast metabolism is the worst thing but it's much harder to gain weight than to lose it and I preferably want to gain a little bit. My arms look like "sticks" as there's hardly any muscle, especially around my elbows.

 Anyway, after that rambling, my message to you is:

"Never get so busy making a living, that you forget to make a life"

 Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment