Google+

Pages

Friday 15 August 2014

The Liebster Award

Hi

This post is a little bit different. The other day I was just minding my own business, reading my emails, when I came across an email from a fellow blogger to tell me I had one an award. At first I was quite confused, what had I won an award for? I couldn't think what I had done to deserve it. As I read further, I found that the award I had one was the Liebster Award.

For those of you that don't know, the Liebster Award is an award given to a blogger with less than 200 followers from a fellow blogger. It's a way of establishing relationships in the community and promoting blogs that you think deserve more credit than they have. As the person that nominated me, I ,as a newbie, take it as encouragement. Without it I probably still wouldn't have written a post yet. It shows you that at least someone reads and cares enough about what you have written to nominate you for this. The person that nominated me is the amazing KatrinaShe is an 18 year old blogger and you should definitely check her blog out. 

To keep the encouragement flowing, there are a few things you should do once nominated:

  • Link back to the person who nominated you. 
  • Answer their questions, all 11 of them!
  • Share facts about yourself.
  • Nominate up to 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers.
  • Get ready to know more about these incredible people. 11's the magic number. Come up with 11 questions for them.
Katrina's Questions:

1. What's your favourite book?
I have only just got into reading so my favourite book so far is The Fault in our Stars by John Green but it is bound to change at some point. I can imagine the characters so easily and although it's incredibly sad, it's so good that I put myself through the pain of reading it again. If you haven't read it already, you should definitely check it out or if you have, re-read it.
2. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging, only about a month ago because I had nothing to do. I never really told anyone how I was feeling about things and I thought I was time to change. By that I mean I did talk to my friends, but dreams and things I like never comes up in conversation. There isn't a problem with this but I just wanted to express myself in a different way to different people, which is probably why none of my actual friends know about this blog.
3. Favourite song?
My favourite song changes all the time but at the moment it is Great Escape by Mike Dignam. It's not the type of song that I usually listen to but I really liked it as its about escaping from troubles by travelling the world which is what I want to do.
4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
This is a hard question for me. In five years I will be 20 and that's quite scary. I don't know what job I want to do yet, all I know is I want to travel. I hope to have found myself and what I want to do and either be doing that, or be travelling the world on a gap year or doing a job whilst travelling. They are my dreams for the next five years and I hope I can achieve them.
5. Top 5 bloggers
Now my top five bloggers is quite hard, as I only do some blog reading but the blogs that I enjoy reading the most are:
https://www.districtlines.com/Troye-Sivan
6. If you were given $1000, how would you spend it?
This is hard too. I would probably treat myself to this beautiful TRXYE jumper first. I'd then use some to travel the world and help people. I'd give the rest to charity. The reason I'm not giving it all to charity is because for some people, it's not money they need, it's company. I want to help these people but the only way I could would be using money to travel.
7. Which place do you want to visit the most?
Ugh the questions are getting harder. I'd love to travel the world but if I had to pick one place it would be...errrmm...Italy. I'd love  to go to Rome and Florence. It just looks like one of the most beautiful places to visit. I also want to go to Orlando, Florida to Harry Potter World (I couldn't leave it out).
8. What's your motto?
The quote I live by, or try to live by, is "I'd rather have a life of 'oh wells' than 'what ifs' " which I have mentioned in a previous post.
9. Comfort food?
OREOS - they cheer me up any day. I have only just started eating them and they are just life.
10. What is one thing you can't live without?
My incredible rabbit, Champers. He is my best friend and I love spending time with him. He's almost 8 so he's getting quite old for a rabbit. I won't be able to cope when he goes, I'm tearing up even writing this.
11. Tell us 3 things you like about yourself or your blog. (it's okay, we won't think you're bragging)
This is probably the hardest question. I guess I like that my blog is an escape for me from the world. I like that I can write my dreams here without being embarrassed about it and I like that at least someone reads it.

Now that's over and done with, feel free to ask me any questions. Surprisingly I really enjoyed answering those.

I nominate:
1. What is the one thing that makes you smile the most?
2. Where is your favourite place to escape to?
3. Last food you ate?
4. Favourite film/TV show?
5. Worst habit?
6. Favourite thing to do?
7. Last thing you bought?
8. Your favourite blog post you have done (it's okay we know you're not bragging)?
9. Favourite shop?
10. The last embarrassing thing to happen to you?
11. The best thing that has ever happened to you? 

Answer them in a blog post and then comment here when you are done so I can read them :)
I can't wait to see the responses,

Grace x


No comments:

Post a Comment